CPT for Chartered Accountancy conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India [CPT (Common Proficiency Test) ]examination for Chartered accountancy certification. Candidates who are interested in building a promising career in this field should take the CA CPT examination first.
CA CPT Eligibility Criteria [CPT for Chartered Accountancy]
Please read minimum eligibility requirements for taking CA CPT exam:
Age Limit: No age criterion has been prescribed for taking CA CPT exam.
Educational Qualification for CPT for Chartered Accountancy
- Candidates must have completed class 12th to take the exam. Additionally, candidates can apply without having the corresponding qualification
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s certificate that has an average of 55% are exempted from taking the exam.
How to Apply for CA CPTa for Chartered Accountancy
CA CPT applications will be accepted at their official website. The application form needs to have personal, educational and communication data filled in accurately, and then submitted as instructed in the brochure. An application would be successful only after the payment of the prescribed application fee.
Application Fee CPT for Chartered Accountancy
The application fee varies based on exam centre chosen by candidates:
- Exam centres in India: Rs.1000/-
- Exam Centres in Nepal, Kathmandu: Rs.1700/-
- Exam Centres in Doha, Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Dubai: US$ 300
CA CPT for Chartered Accountancy Exam Pattern
The important highlights of CA CPT Exam are as follows:
- It is a pen and paper based exam.
- The questions will be objective in nature.
- You only need to score 100% on 50% of the exam questions in order to pass.
- In order to pass the exam, you need to score at least 30% in each subject and 50% as an average.
- Apart from the 12 marks you get for correctly answering all the questions you are free to choose your own grade. You can either have one mark, two marks or three marks for every question that you answer correctly.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total.
CA CPT for Chartered Accountancy Syllabus
Go through the prescribed syllabus for CA CPT exam:
Fundamentals of Accounting
Bank Reconciliation Statement
Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
Accounting for Special Transactions
Introduction to Company Accounts
Theory of Production and Cost
Theory of Demand and Supply
Economic Reforms in India
Select Aspects of Indian Economy
Indian Economy – A Profile
Money and Banking
Indian Economic Development
Price Determination in Different Markets
Introduction to Micro Economics
The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
The Indian Contract Act, 1872
Statistical description of data
Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus
Limits and Continuity Intuitive Approach
Sets, Functions and Relations
Sequence and Series
Permutations and Combinations
Simple and Compound Interest
Correlation and Regression
Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Ratio and proportion